- To operate, monitor, maintain, and trouble-shoot the wastewater treatment department and its processes.
- Work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of plant operations, compliance with state and federal operating regulations.
- Work is performed with considerable independence under the direction of the EHS Supervisor.
- Works with Chemical Lab regarding all aspects of sampling, monitoring and testing required to maintain compliance with Federal State and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, and sludge management.
- Assist in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on plant equipment and machinery.
- Perform all work in conformance to Occupational Safety and Health Act regulations.
- Maintain open communications with the EHS Supervisor and Chemical Lab Supervisor regarding the treatment process and pump stations operation and malfunctions, as well as make recommendations for repairs and improvements to these systems.
- Ability to read container labels and Safety Data Sheets.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers.
- Ability to understand and use control panel for line automation.
- Ability to traverse each production line as needed.
- Frequently require climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, repetitive motion.
- Visual Acuity to read gauges at production line and data from computer.
- Ability to monitor multiple situations at the same time and adjust variables as needed.
- Heavy work. Exert 100 lbs. of force occasionally, 30 lbs. frequently, 20 lbs. constantly.
- High frequency of forklift traffic.
- Not a climate controlled plant. Protection from weather conditions but not temperature changes.
- Subject to noise, vibration.
- Subject to hazards. Moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to chemicals.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions. Fumes, odors, dust.
- Frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces.
- Required to function in narrow aisles and/or passageways.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Forklift Experience preferred.